Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I made my own soaps. ... WeeeEeEeEeeeEEEee

I recently attended a handmade soap class, they taught use how to make our own dishwashing soap, and 2 types of body and facial soap one of which is an olive oil soap and another is goats milk soap with shea butter. I thoroughly enjoyed the class although it was tiring stirring and waiting.. But the outcome is good..  :)

The process that took place is just a very simple one whereby the ingredience are measured for us... And what we need to do is just to mix the lye water.. Then adding in the oils. . And stirring till it is trace.. It took a longer time to stir the dishwashing soap as compared to the olive Oil soap and the goats milk soap.. After completing all that and making sure it is able to 'draw' an 8.. That means it is OK and is given the signal to stop.. (by the way if you beat to fast there will be bubbles and hence it will create a moon like surface on d soap.. And we sure don want that.. So..we have to patiently stir it to avoid having the bubbles).. Then we pour it on to its mould and let it set for 30 days..

And Wah la!!

My soaps..

I have no idea why didnt my olive oil soap set in yet.. Even after 30 over days my soap is still sticky at d bottom.. Hmmmm...



No comments: